A children's series
to develop Social and Emotional skills (SEL)
Trailer (30 seconds)
This is the trailer for our episodes and summarises Bulgy's videos in 30 seconds:
The Bulgy series, whose first season is "Emotion Athletes", has the following purposes:
- transform the difficulties of the pandemic into opportunities for children to recognise what they are feeling, understand the reason, and use their emotions;
- help parents, educators, and health professionals to create a space to talk about emotions with children;
- be low cost (10 EUR/USD/GPB per month) and have no advertising whatsoever;
- make available an emotional literacy course for children aged 4-8 (suggested ages) with 18 educational videos, 5-10 minutes each, activities, songs, and a podcast;
- allow families and schools to access content online and follow the programme flexibly and at their own pace, where each day of activity takes between 10 minutes and 1 hour to complete;
- contribute to the public debate and the development of new school curricula with social and emotional learning programmes like Emotion Athletes;
- produce scientific evidence, through collaboration with university departments for the impact evaluation of this programme in children.
Read everything in the frequently asked questions.
Families have 96% satisfaction with our programme. Here is one testimonial from a mother:
Read more at the testimonials page.
Bulgy is now a integral part of P.'s daily routine, he already knows many episodes by heart! And he applies what he learned with Bulgy several times in his daily life! And very often, at the beginning of a tantrum, I need only say "remember Bulgy?" for him break into a smile and for the tantrum to disappear, or for him to tell me what he is feeling! Thank you for your work! Hugs and kissses!
Our team consists of:
- Joana Castelhano, family doctor;
- Miguel Morin, computer engineer and social entrepreneur;
- Joana de Carvalho, actor;
- Sara Afonso, actor.
You can learn more on the team page.
Main messages of each episode
Here are the messages from each of the first 6 episodes, based on science. Each episode has a story and a song around its message so children remember it well.
- emotions are like waves; they come and go and we cannot stop them
- emotions are important because they affect our entire life
- emotions are caused by facts or thoughts
- if you have an emotion, then something is important for you
- the only way not be drowned by emotions is to pay attention to them
- giving emotions a name is the first step to surf them